Over time all of us accumulate items and family treasures which, although we are sentimentally attached to them,do clutter our lives. In some instances these items find a location to be displayed in our houses, but in the vast majority of cases we end up with cupboards and attics stuffed to the brim with things we have no use for, even though we cannot bear to throw them off. However, if we are honest our homes are usually filled to the brim with things which do not warrant throwing away but do have to be cleared into storage. This guide of five simple steps will show you how you can de-clutter your home quickly and efficiently causing minimum disruption in the process. Wildlife Removal Port St Lucie
• Be Ruthless -this is the hardest of things for us all to do. It is, but the number one reason for our cluttered predicament. We need to be courageous and ruthless when we de-clutter; if you don’t use it, want it or love it, it goes.
• Strong plastic containers are best – when de-cluttering the worst thing you can do is to have a collection of inferior boxes accumulated from the local supermarket, using old boxes with half of the side missing and shirts ripped off will simply not do. At worst you want to pack away your de-cluttered things into proper packing boxes like removal companies use. The best thing to use, are custom designed plastic containers with lids that fit and clip on. These will keep your precious belongings safe while they’re packed away and free from dust and dirt.
• Produce an inventory before you start packing everything away create an inventory. Closely connected to this tip is another tip we have.
• Label the boxes there is nothing worse than realising that you will need to get something out of storage and you don’t have any idea which box it’s in. The solution? Label the boxes and linked to our previous tip set the amount of the box onto your inventory list at the top of each page. Whilst you write your list put the box number at the peak of the inventory page to make an accurate record that will make it easy to locate particular items if they are needed. There are other ways of enhancing this process by packaging things by room or in alphabetical order.
• Self-Storage finally move your boxes to your preferred self- storage facility. There are several real benefits of using self- storage; even should you pack something away on your de-cluttering exercise that you need, and you’ve created your inventory, it’s very simple to retrieve your items. Most self-storage centers have easy access, so regaining your possessions is simple. Knowing your favourite items are still accessible and can be retrieved at a moment’s notice makes the process of de-cluttering simpler. Saying good-bye to your items is then much easier.